Biogas is an
Derived from renewable sources, Biogas is carbon neutral and in some cases carbon negative, and offers a mechanism not only for decarbonisation of Ireland’s national electricity grid but also Ireland’s gas system.
- Reduces the use of fossil fuels
- Reduces energy imports
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Protects waterways
- Converts organic wastes to renewable energy and an eco fertiliser
- Displaces fossil fuel fertilisers
- Generates local employment
- Contributes to sustainable development
- Is not dependant on weather patterns
Project Example: GreenGas AD Plant
Greensource conducted all aspects of the development chain. Site assessment, energy yield, grid connection, planning, permitting, construction, commissioning and operation.
Biogas contains 40-50% carbon dioxide. We can remove this carbon dioxide from biogas upgrading it to pure biomethane. We can use biomethane in a number of ways.
By the addition of trace gases and